If you’re a health-minded person, you’ve probably heard the term ‘superfood’. Its a buzzword for foods that hold extraordinary nutrient content, and oftentimes are packed with antioxidants. Green superfoods such as organic wheat grass, spirulina and chlorella have been around for a while… and they’ve got a lot of scientific backing for their ‘superfood’ status. The energizing, immune-boosting, and anti-cancer properties of these superfoods have made them very popular worldwide, especially over the last century.
1. Quick, convenient way to get daily fruits/veggies servings. According to health agencies, over 9 out of 10 Americans don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables daily. Even when they do, the servings aren’t usually the dark, rich, raw vegetables…they’re the starchy french fried potatoes, canned fruits soaked in syrup and preservatives, or an iceberg lettuce salad. It’s funny: the USDA makes little or no difference for a serving of french fries versus a serving of raw spinach, when meeting daily recommended requirements.
2. A daily ‘super’-investment in your long term health. Many times, people look for the quick fix for their energy, weight management, etc. Green superfoods are not that at all. They supply your whole body with whole nutrients, that help promote long term balance, energy, a cleansed internal environment, and healthy digestion, among other things.
3. Green Superfoods are packed with Antioxidants, the nutrients/substances that help cleanse the body of free radicals, which are known to cause oxidative stress at the cellular level. Free radicals are released when you eat highly processed foods and most battered deep fried foods, when you get stressed and even when you exercise. Antioxidants are vital in order to help eliminate these dangerous compounds.
4. The ‘Grass Juice Factor’. I bet you’ve never heard of that! When researches Charles Schnabel and George Kohler, along with others, started seeing amazing results in animals and humans when supplementing their diets with wheat grass and barley grass, they noticed that, without mistake, the grasses produced superior results when compared to other dark green vegetables. These grasses have thousands of beneficial compounds and enzymes, many of which have yet to be identified.
5. Support healthy blood. Chlorophyll, the pigment that makes green foods green, is almost identical in molecular structure to human blood. This has led many to research dark, green vegetables’ ability to be a ‘blood builder’ and cleanser. Also, the chlorophyll helps efficiently carry the other nutrients to your body’s cells, for maximum absorption.
When choosing a Green Superfood powder to consume daily, I definitely recommend that it has the following characteristics:A variety of chlorophyll-rich green superfoods, including grasses, algae, land greens
Rich, emerald green color – signifies nutrient densitySuper-concentrated grasses and grass juices – Look for triple concentrated. This gives you more nutritional bang per buckAt least 6,000mg of Greens per serving, preferably 7,000mg. The majoriy of each serving should be Greens.No low cost fillers (like soy lecithin), and no artificial flavorings, colors, or additives,t must mix well with water or juice, and you must enjoy the taste. If you have to force it down, it’s not worth it.Money Back Guarantee. A reputable brand will back up their product.Consuming a green superfood powder supplement daily is t